Upcoming Events

History

Downtown Dundee

St. John's Lutheran Church

Volunteer Fire Department

Backbone State Park and Beach

Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)

RAGBRAI

VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT


The old fire house building was constructed in 1930. A door for the fire truck was added as well as an addition on the back. At one time this building had a jail cell. The fire department covers an area in 40 township sections including 2/3 of Backbone State Park. On average the firemen respond to 12 fires a year.

The Dundee firemen had a fund raising campaign to raise money to erect a new fire station and community center in Dundee. The new building houses all the fire equipment, a large meeting room and a kitchen facility is available to all organizations in the area. The firemen did the actual construction of the new building as a way of keeping the cost of the new facility within the budget they set for the project. In June 1987 construction began on the new fire station and community center.


The old firehouse location was the south side of the business district.


New station and community center.


New fire truck.


DUNDEE FIRE DEPARTMENT

Chief: Scott Neuhaus

Assistant Chief: Don Boeding

Training Officer: Dean Kelchen

Secretary: Tom Gibbs

Pat Mescher, Loras Heims, Delbert Heims, Lynn Brunsman, Terry Conrad, Rick Robinson, Arnold Koloc, John Bandy, Shaun Zieser, Dick Fangmann, Bob Burgin, Casey Langel, Dave Fenton


FIRST RESPONDERS

(L-R) Don Boeding, Terry Conrad, Janice Langel, Connie Neauhas, Karen Brunsman, Lynn Brunsman, Delbert Heims, Dick Fangmann. (Missing from picture are Doug Heims, Barb Robinson and Casey Langel.)


DUNDEE EMT'S

Casey Langel, Karen Brunsman, Lynn Brunsman


Return to the Home Page.



This page created by Dundee's own
Lisa Guenther-Rhoades

Last Modified: 07/01/01